As a product engineer, you’ll be heavily responsible for shaping the products we’re building, working on the engineering team in close collaboration with our product manager, design, testing and data science teams.
1. Manages the product life cycle of assigned product portfolio to develop strategies and plans
2. Defines standard product specifications and service levels to ensure it meets customer expectations
3. Monitors resources related to the product to optimize cost and maximize utilization
4. Validates demand forecast to initiate infrastructure development and business viability
5. Manages relationships with partners to assess commercial relevance and feasibility
6. Monitors and updates pricing and cost structure based on market, cost and competition
7. Plans and implements product enhancements or expansion based on new technologies or customer requirements
8. Manages the back-end processes required to operationally support delivery of assigned products/services.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relate field
- Candidate must have extensive experience in software development
- Candidate must have experience in business analysis
- Candidate must have experience with Agile Scrum
- Strong execution as an engineer, with a pragmatic focus on ROI, to deliver the product.
- Ability to adapt to different styles of execution necessary in different stages of product development.
- Strong interest in thinking about product, and a deep understanding of the product.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, or business development, to deliver a good product. As a representation of Engineering as a function in the product development process, this person needs to be able to communicate clearly with different levels of details or technicalities, depending on whom they are communicating with.
- Awareness and understanding of technical constraints, resources, and opportunities available to them, which means different things in different companies, setups or products.
- Alert to technical opportunities that can improve the product, such as the usage of machine learning. This requires product engineers to be curious and able to distill information well into high-level understanding that can help them build great products.
- Ability to estimate and prioritize. Ability to accurately estimate engineering efforts behind different options goes a long way to allow the team to prioritize building the right things.